- £25,300 to £26,789 per annum depending on experience
- Average 42 hours per week, working 12 hour shifts to provide 24 hour coverage over 365 days a year
- Excellent leave entitlement
- Permanent contract. Marchwood, Hampshire
- Previous Security experience preferred
The Port Security Officer reports directly to the Port Security Supervisor and is responsible for ensuring the port is kept secured with access restricted to authorised people and vehicles by providing a high visibility and overt presence at all times.
- Ensure that only authorised persons and vehicles are given access to the port
- Patrol the port areas and maintain a high profile and overt security presence at all times
- Issue permits and passes in accordance with policies and procedures
- Assist in investigations of security breaches
- Provide written statements and reports in the event of an incident on the port
- Operate CCTV system in accordance with training and guidelines
- Search vehicles and people as required
- Conduct building checks and ensure access to the port and its infrastructure is secure out of hours
- Manage access to restricted area during dangerous goods movements
- Maintain the port enhanced security status and report any incidents to the duty Port Security Supervisor
- Report any concerns/suspicious behaviour/vehicles to Port Security Supervisor
- Provide first response for First Aid, Water Rescue, Oil Spill and Fire Marshall in accordance with training and relevant guidelines
- Provide administrative support in an incident command room as required
- Create and maintain good working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Able and prepared to gain relevant UK Government Security Clearance (min 5 years UK residency)
- Able to work a 24/7/365 shift pattern which will include unsocial hours – nights, weekends etc.
- Willing to work additional hours to cover any absences
- Wear a uniform and ensure uniform is kept in a clean and serviceable condition
- Contribute as a team member to ensure the site and port is a safe working environment
- Successfully complete any identified training deemed necessary for this role
- Provide the highest levels of customer service at all times
- Physically fit – able to pass a fitness medical
- Valid full UK driving Licence
- Able to pass UK Government Security Clearance (min 5 years UK residency)
- Willing to sign the Official Secrets Act
- Aptitude to learn new skills and have a flexible approach
- Security related qualification
- Current First Aid qualification
Training provided on
Site Safety Awareness, Rail Safety Awareness, Fire Safety, Emergency First Aid.
There is an opportunity to progress to Deputy Security Officer then Security Officer Supervisor, when vacancies arise.
- Holiday – 28 days per year (inclusive of bank holidays). Accrue additional 3 days after 5 full years of service, plus additional 2 days after a further 5 full years of service (total 33 days after 10 full years).
- Pension scheme – employer and employee contributions
- Enhanced sick pay, after completion of probationary period
- Free parking
- Onsite café
If interested, please contact email@example.com for an application form. We will also request a copy of your CV with your completed application form.
Closing date is Tuesday 30 May 2023 at 10am.